Dial Plan for the forward button

Here we can discuss technical issues relating to any device including Firmware Upgrades, Feature Issues and Technical Documentation.

Please note: Yealink will not accept liability for any issues caused as a result of taking advice from anybody other than a Yealink representative

Dial Plan for the forward button

Postby velroy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:36 am

Hi All......

Well, As we all know the call forward option the yealink phone provides is excellent, easy to use, save a destination to forward to once, and then just use the forward button to switch it on and off.

Now, I need to restrict the call forward option only and only to another extension (4 digit extension),
Can we define a dial plan for call forward separately?

This would be of great help to have restricted access and avoid the chance of a misuse.

Thanking you guys in advance.

Regards
Velroy
velroy

Re: Dial Plan for the forward button

Postby velroy » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:01 am

Hey Guys.......

m waiting for some reply......:-)
velroy

Postby Andy.Roberts » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:23 am

Hi Velroy,

This is a feature usually restricted at server side.

There is no dial plan option for forwarding.

Thanks
Andy
Andy Roberts
Product Support Engineer
Yealink UK Ltd
Andy.Roberts

Postby velroy » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:18 am

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply.

Ideally I want to give full dialplan access to the users, but i need to limit the call forward capability to 4 digit extensions.

Using the Asterisk feature of call forward (i.e *72 and *73) I can achieve the desired result by modifying dial patterns on the Server side ,
BUT...... using the forward button option on the phone i cannot do anything on the server side. it has to be a phone feature.

If not all, a few would require this feature and can my be included in the next firmware release.
Hopefully its done as its a feature I need to have in the yealink phones.

Regards
Velroy
velroy

Return to Technical